Organize, administer, develop, catalog and promote Kent library's special collections and archives including one of the largest William Faulkner collections in the United States. Develop and propose written policies and procedures. Work cooperatively with the Center for Regional History, the Center for Faulkner Studies, and Historic Preservation program. Prepare exhibits and special programs. Pursue grant funding. Supervise one full‐time staff member, one graduate assistant and a varying number of student assistants. Participate in general collection development program, including working with donors to identify and acquire new collections. Develop positive working relationships with colleagues, administrators, staff, patrons, and donors.
- Master’s of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited program (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Coursework in archives and preservation, with demonstrated ability to organize and catalogue special collections and archival materials
- Relevant work experience in an academic library
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies for archives management, preservation and collections access
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to high‐quality service
- Demonstrated commitment to public and University service
- Ability to work well as a member of the group as well as individually in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
Application Deadline: The position is available spring 2014 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 6, 2014.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the position you wish to apply for at the below link, then click on the APPLY button at the top of the page: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER