- Consults with departmental or school liaisons in determining collection development decisions
- Teaches workshops, information literacy classes, and participates teaching courses for departments or schools
- Creates teaching modules, bibliographies, and other finding aids
- Provides reference services in person and through various digital methods
- Works with the Department of Technical Services in the ordering of monographs, journals, online databases, etc.
- Delivers library services and resources via the web and Blackboard
- Plans and administers materials budgets
- Participates in writing proposals and securing grants, particularly in the subject disciplines.
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience, with a minimum salary of $42,000. Excellent fringe benefits.
- A Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited library school
- Knowledge of library and digital information resources, including online searching, bibliographic search systems (such as online catalogs, federated search engine and link resolvers), learning management systems and the internet
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to user-centered services and service excellence
- Professional commitment to librarianship and ability to meet LIS and University standards in librarianship, scholarship and professional service in fulfillment of tenure requirements.
UNIVERSITY ENVIRONMENT: Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is twenty minutes northeast of St. Louis, Missouri. The University is situated on 2600 acres of rolling land and woods along bluffs, a few miles from the Mississippi River. Serving approximately 14,000 students and with about 80,000 alumni, SIUE has a major impact on a region well known for affordable living and a high quality life.
Lovejoy Library maintains a collection of more than 1,000,000 volumes and subscribes to more than 19,000 print and digital serials and periodicals. Additional information regarding Library and Information Services and the University can be found at the web site: http://www.siue.edu/lovejoylibrary/
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Review of completed applications will begin on December 2. Position will remain open until filled.
SUBMIT LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESUME, TRANSCRIPTS AND THREE CURRENT PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES TO THE ADDRESS BELOW OR EMAIL YOUR INFORMATION TO LSCATUR@SIUE.EDU:
Social Sciences Librarian Search Committee
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Library and Information Services, Campus Box 1063
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1063
As an affirmative action employer, SIUE offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed or religion, age, sex, national origin, or disability. Women and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
SIUE is a state university—benefits under state sponsored plans will not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.