Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee and administer the acquisition of all one-time purchases for the University of Texas Libraries.
- Manage the purchase of e-books and other monograph or non-serial content, including DDA acquisitions.
- Manage the approval, selection and blanket order plans for the University of Texas Libraries.
- Manage staff, including 6 direct reports, that work on the day-to-day one-time purchase processes
- Support subject selectors in the selection of one-time materials.
- Work closely with Acquisitions staff on departmental initiatives, actively participate in UT Libraries and other local committee and project team efforts, as well as pertinent professional organizations and staff development opportunities.
The position reports to the Head Librarian, Acquisitions Services within the Technical Services Division – University of Texas Libraries. Acquisitions Services is located in the Perry-Castañeda Library (PCL), the main library of the University of Texas Libraries which supports the social sciences, humanities, business and education, see http://www.lib.utexas.edu/ for details. Working hours for the position are typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm or as arranged for a total of 40 hours per week.
- MLS from an ALA accredited graduate program.
- 1 year experience working in the Acquisitions unit of a library.
- Demonstrated experience with e-book business practices and work flows in a library environment.
- Demonstrated experience with library approval plans.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated library systems, especially with financial and ordering procedures.
- Possess knowledge of cataloging, classification and discovery tools including OCLC.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory experience and experience with relationship building, internally and externally.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public, including strong customer service skills.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the Acquisitions unit of a library.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces’ Millennium ILS, especially with the Acquisitions module.
- Experience with products from Serials Solutions, especially with Summon.
- Progressively more responsible supervisory experience with increasing success and responsibility.
- Demonstrated facility and experience with e-books acquisitions and access models as well as with e-book vendor and aggregator business practices.
- Experience with invoice payment and with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoicing.
- Experience with WorldCat Cataloging Partners.
- Awareness of procurement processes such as contract negotiation, bid tendering and related work.
Salary and Benefits: $47,500 annually, negotiable depending upon qualifications and experience. No state or local income tax. Standard state benefits package including annual vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement plans, and health insurance options (comprehensive major medical, dental, vision, life, and disability). Deferred compensation and tax sheltered annuity programs also available.
Recruiting Schedule: All interested candidates must complete an online application by going to: http://www.utexas.edu/hr/prospective/apply/process.html#completing). Please follow all instructions given. When applying online, please also refer to job posting number 13-05-31-01-0086 (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/130531010086 ). An email confirmation will be sent to those who apply online along with a set of job-related questions that candidates will be asked to return in order for their application materials to be complete.
Application materials should be submitted as soon as possible. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact: Library Human Resources: lib-HR@lib.utexas.edu (512-495-4360).
The University of Texas Libraries has a strong commitment to diversity and encourages applications and nominations from traditionally underrepresented groups. Early career applicants are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer