Located in the heart of a vibrant, 70-acre lakefront campus setting featuring distinctive Spanish Mediterranean-style architecture and Florida sunshine, the Olin Library serves as a key component in the intellectual life of Rollins College.
A recipient of the 2013 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, Olin Library is a successful early adopter of technologies such as Summon and Sustainable Collection Services. The collaborative and service-oriented Olin Library has been nationally recognized for its intentional and extensive integration into the campus community as well as academic programs. Applicants are invited to view the Library’s ACRL award application at http://tinyurl.com/olinacrl.
The College is located in Winter Park, Florida, a residential community of 25,000 located in the metro Orlando region. Regarded as Florida’s “premier urban village,” Winter Park provides a lively community featuring some of Florida’s finest parks, gardens, museums, theatres, tours, shops, and restaurants.
As a member of the new Collections & Systems Department, the selected candidate will join a collaborative, respectful, engaged team, contributing to the ongoing development and deployment of digital resources and systems, including administration of Summon and the Sirsi Symphony ILS and their potential successor systems; and participate in reference service, instruction and liaison with at least one academic department in a tenure-track faculty position.
Librarians with faculty status at Rollins College are expected to show a pattern of growth and development in librarianship, teaching, scholarship, and service that is expected to continue throughout their career at Rollins. At Rollins we value excellence and share a common service philosophy: “Together, we inspire purposeful lives through distinctive, engaged learning and exceptional service.” Regardless of job role and function, librarians are expected to embrace and model this service philosophy in day-to-day work and uphold the standards in service to others.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited library school, or an equivalent degree.
- At least a year of experience managing a URM or ILS, & knowledge of current product options.
- An appreciation for the liberal arts and the role of the library in higher education.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data interchange and interoperability among library systems and academic enterprise systems.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and information literacy instruction with groups and individuals.
- The potential to present, publish, or otherwise contribute to the library profession.
- Experience managing Summon or another discovery layer.
- Experience with Sirsi Symphony.
- Experience managing a migration to a new ILS or URM.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client server environments, Banner, SQL, HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, and/or MySQL.
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, or other virtualization platforms.
- Experience with writing scripts (Perl, PHP, and/or Python), building APIs, and generating reports.
- Skills in the implementation and administration of a variety of computer software used in the library; demonstrated knowledge and experience with web-based resources.
- Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office, PC & Mac hardware and peripherals, and networking protocols.
- Experience with access methods such as IP authentication and proxy servers.
Interested candidates must apply online through Rollins' employment website at www.rollinsjobs.com. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply.