Daniel A. Reed Library seeks a creative, collaborative, learner-centered professional librarian to partner with academic departments and collaborate with other faculty librarians. This position has overall responsibility for leading a team effort to provide high quality information discovery systems that support teaching and learning across campus. The person in this position will:
- Works to advance Reed Library’s digital presence
- Provide leadership and share responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining the Library website, and other digital systems and services through which Library patrons locate information.
- Envision, develop, and execute digital projects and use new technologies and social media platforms to facilitate instruction, learning and research in collaboration with the library faculty.
- Facilitate assessment and use of analytic tools to gather, report and evaluate web statistics and data.
- Work closely with members of the library and campus community, to plan, implement, and coordinate library resources and services that address the unique information and research needs of our online learning community including integration with the campus Learning Management System.
- Assist faculty in collection development activities
- Actively participate in faculty governance, institutional service, professional development and scholarly activities
- Participate in reference and instruction services.
Required Qualifications for the Position:
- Masters degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Two years experience integrating technology in library services or a degree or certificate in a technology-related field
- Recent work experience in academic libraries
- Experience with emerging technologies including the demonstrated ability to coordinate online communication using mainstream online social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Proficiency and experience with web technologies to deliver information resources and external content, such as OmniUpdate (or other Content Management System), Wiki and blogging software,
- Proficiency in working with Learning Management systems and their applications
- Knowledge of technologies for digital libraries, including OpenURL, MARC and DHTML, APIs, etc., and digital products such as Libguides, 24/7 Chat services, mobile websites, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze problems, and develop and implement creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaborate effectively with faculty and staff colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and assess work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of computer literacy.
Preferred Qualifications for the Position:
- Experience with integrated library systems, preferably ExLibris ALEPH500 System
- Experience using Photoshop and Illustrator to create and modify graphics files for the web and for print
- Proficiency using and effectively searching a wide array of online and print library resources
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of ACRL's Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
For complete vacancy announcement and/or to apply, visit https://careers.fredonia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50829.
SUNY Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants. An affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, SUNY Fredonia encourages and actively seeks applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bp2mdgg