Clemson University Library seeks an innovative and motivated professional to work with a team of vibrant library faculty to envision and implement the library’s E-Science initiatives and serve as faculty liaison for the new institutional repository. Reporting to the head of the Reference Unit, the E-Science librarian will provide research assistance, instruction, collection management, and outreach services for students, faculty, and staff in the physical and biological sciences. This is a 12-month tenure-track position with faculty rank and status.
- ALA-accredited MLS degree or equivalent.
- Experience providing research services in the sciences, or a bachelor’s degree in a physical or biological science discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Instruction or teaching experience.
- Knowledgeable about physical & biological sciences resources and services.
- Motivated and inspired to reach out to faculty and students and create innovative library services.
- Experience with some aspect of E-Science support.
- Evidence of, or potential for, professional and/or scholarly activity.
Salary and Benefits: Minimum: $45,000; rank and competitive salary based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.
For a full description of this position go to http://www.clemson.edu/library/esl/
Application Process: Submit a letter of interest directly addressing the requirements for the position; your résumé; and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references electronically as a single attachment in Word or PDF format to Suzanne Rook Schilf, Chair, E-Science Librarian Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received by August 5, 2012 will be guaranteed consideration.
Jeanne Clery Act: The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources – Prospective Employees web page shown below: http://www.clemson.edu/cao/humanresources/prospective/
Closing Statement: Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.
Email Us Here: email@example.com