Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor
Albertsons Library, Boise State University
Albertsons Library, Boise State University, invites applications for two full-time 12-month, tenure-track Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor position. The work of this librarian will focus on instruction. He/she will also participate in outreach, research assistance, and reference services. The position reports to the Head, Information and Research Services.
· participation in the Library's instruction program; and
· provide extensive user-oriented outreach, reference, and research services for faculty and students in a technologically advanced information environment.
· masters degree from an ALA accredited program;
· minimum 2 years post-ALA accredited degree professional experience in an academic library;
· minimum 2 years evidence of effective instruction and teaching;
· excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, virtual, and interpersonal;
· ability to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff;
· strong service orientation; and
· demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
· degree, significant coursework, or extensive knowledge and background in business, science or other subject areas needed by the Library at the time of candidate review; and
· demonstrated ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure.
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Jaque Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Search # AA-0007-12 (email submissions preferred) or mail to:
Boise State University, Library
Search # AA-0007-12
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin January 31, 2012. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About Albertsons Library: http://library.boisestate.edu
About Boise State University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference.