Librarian/Assistant or Associate Professor
Albertsons Library, Boise State University
Albertsons Library, Boise State University, invites applications for a full-time 12-month, tenure-track Access Services Librarian/Assistant or Associate Professor position. Access Services includes the areas of: circulation, reserves, document delivery, stacks maintenance, and facilities management. This experienced and innovative librarian works independently, and with other unit managers, to explore new models of access, incorporate emerging technology, analyze workflows, and provide services that are responsive to the information needs of the University in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. The Access Services Librarian reports to the Associate Dean.
· coordinating, communicating, and serving as primary source of information to patrons and staff regarding access services policies and procedures
· developing close working relationships with the campus community to ensure prompt and efficient access to the Library's services and resources
· designing innovative outreach activities to advance the positive public image of the Library;
· managing daily unit operations
· participating in complex projects in a team environment in alignment with Library and University goals
· supervising up to 8 staff and 45 student assistants
· strategically plans and oversees the use and up-keep of Library facilities
· is a member of the ILS management team
· serving as point of contact with the University for integrating library data into the PeopleSoft System
· serving as liaison to one or more subject areas
· participating in the week-day reference desk rotation
The successful candidate will have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, a strong commitment to excellent customer service, initiative, flexibility, attention to detail, high productivity, and creativity. They will be expected to meet all the library faculty requirements for tenure and promotion.
· masters degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science program
· minimum 3 years of professional experience
· commitment to diversity
· successfully demonstrated supervision and leadership skills
· project management experience
· experience in Access Services
· knowledge of current trends and issues in mobile and Web 2.0 technologies
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Jaque Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Search #AA-0020-01 (email submissions preferred) or mail to:
Boise State University
Search # AA-0014-01
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin August 8, 2011. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About Albertsons Library: http://library.boisestate.edu
About Boise State University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
As of August 17, 2009, Boise State University is a smoke free campus.
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference.