Albertsons Library, Boise State University
Albertsons Library, Boise State University, invites applications for a full-time 12-month, tenure-track Digital Access Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor position. The Digital Access Librarian identifies and assists with implementing innovative means for improving the discovery, access, description, and sharing of information to the students, faculty, staff and other patrons of Albertsons Library, Boise State University, with a focus on digital resources. This experienced and innovative librarian works with the Associate Dean and other unit managers to analyze workflows, explore new models of access, and provide services and collections that are responsive to the information needs of the University in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. The Digital Access Librarian reports to the Associate Dean.
· assisting in developing innovative methods to identify, acquire and share the Library’s resources in all formats with an emphasis on digital resources
· monitors use statistics and pricing patterns of digital resources to support decision-making
· has knowledge of scholarly communication trends
· performs technical services work in an area of expertise (cataloging, ILL, serials)
· maintains awareness of emerging trends about digital resources related to academic libraries
· is a member of the Library Dean’s Council (management team)
· supervises staff in technical services
· serves as a liaison to faculty and students in one or more subject areas
· masters degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science program
· minimum 3 years of academic library experience
· experience in serials, interlibrary loan, or cataloging
· commitment to diversity
· initiative, flexibility, attention to detail, high productivity, and creativity
· successfully demonstrated supervision and leadership skills
· project management experience
· experience using one of the following or similar resources; an ERM such as Serials Solutions, an Interlibrary Loan management tool such as ILLIAD, or OCLC Connexion Client to perform original cataloging
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Jaque Johnson at email@example.com, Search #AA-0014-01 (email submissions preferred) or mail to:
Boise State University
Search # AA-0014-01
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin May 25, 2011. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About Albertsons Library: http://library.boisestate.edu
About Boise State University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
As of August 17, 2009, Boise State University is a smoke free campus.