Scottsdale Community College
Librarian (Information Literacy) –Job Posting Number: 90164-1
THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN AUGUST 2009. Provides leadership in expanding and promoting the Library's information literacy program. Works collegially with library faculty to design innovative, effective multimedia instruction to a diverse population. Promotes information literacy initiatives and works with faculty to infuse information literacy across the campus; directly provides information literacy instruction; assesses and evaluates information literacy program effectiveness; shares reference and collection development responsibilities.
- Expands and coordinates the information literacy program; develops, implements, teaches and assesses course-integrated and course-related information literacy instruction; emphasis on web-based tutorials and content modules for delivery through learning management systems
- Participates fully in a team environment to provide reference services and outreach to the college community
- Performs special projects; participates in the general planning and decision-making process of the library and in campus/district committees; responsible for currency in professional practices and trends
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science (or its equivalent) from a graduate professional program accredited by the American Library Association.
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire.
- Recent professional academic reference experience which should include: information literacy instruction and experience with electronic library resources
- Experience with instructional design
- Knowledge of information literacy theory and practice
- Experience with formal assessment of learning outcomes
- Experience with course management systems
- Experience in library outreach
- Experience working with people from a diverse background and a demonstrated commitment to facilitate the success of underrepresented groups
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
May require flexible work schedule. May be required to lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
Please apply at: http://www.maricopa.edu/hrweb/
This position closes February 27, 2009