The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library (http://www.ulib.iupui.edu) seeks a creative, energetic, and service oriented individual to serve as the Informatics and Engineering Technology Librarian at the rank of Assistant Librarian. Reporting to the Team Leader for the Science, Engineering & Technology, Informatics, and Nursing Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for user education, collection development, and reference services for the School of Informatics and assigned Engineering Technology departments within the School of Engineering and Technology (http://informatics.iupui.edu, http://www.engr.iupui.edu/). Primarily, this will involve developing and maintaining strong relationships with the assigned disciplines; designing and presenting instructional sessions, based on the library’s information literacy competencies; developing the library’s collection of informatics materials; and providing research assistance to students, faculty, and staff. This individual will also staff the reference and research help desks several hours a week and serve on the University Library marketing committee.
IUPUI is an urban research and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units. Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city, IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The vision of the IUPUI University Library is to be the innovative leader among urban university libraries. It has a staff of approximately 90 and a budget in excess of $9.5 million.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to student success, and an understanding of the IUPUI campus mission, the potential to fulfill the requirements for promotion and tenure, and the ability to work in a team-based organization.
· ALA accredited Master’s Degree
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated initiative and self-direction
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
· Ability to manage a variety of tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Academic library experience
· Teaching experience
· Marketing and promotion of library services experience
· Public service experience, especially with people of diverse educational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
· Background in interdisciplinary studies such as health information, nursing and psychology
· Background in science, computer and engineering technology, new media or understanding of visualization, manipulation and presentation of digital data
Minimum salary is $41,500 with additional funding for professional development and travel. Benefits include 22 days vacation, 9 paid holidays, funding for professional development and travel, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions of 10% to either TIAA-CREF or Fidelity plans.
Deadline for applications is February 15, 2009. The position is available July 1, 2009. Please forward a resume, contact information for four references (include name, title, street address, telephone number, and email address) and a letter of application outlining the strengths you will bring to the position and discussing your ability to contribute to student success at IUPUI. Submit application materials electronically to Teresa McCurry at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IUPUI University Library is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its students, faculty, and staff.