Contra Costa County Library, California
Monthly Salary Range $5,525 - $7,055
(plus a generous benefits package)
The Contra Costa County Library in Northern California is seeking to fill three vacant Senior Community Library Manager positions in Hercules, Antioch, and Orinda, California. Contra Costa County operates 25 community libraries within a 750 square mile area and serves approximately 900,000 urban, suburban, and rural customers with an annual circulation exceeding 6 million.
This position is responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of a full-service county community library, applying individual judgment and influence to manage human, financial, and physical resources in a community library and supervising the activities of professional, technical, and/or clerical level positions. Management responsibilities include:
· Plan, organize, and manage the activities of a community library, and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high quality library services to the general public,
· Plan, develop, and implement community library goals, objectives, policies, and procedures that reflect the County Library’s mission and services,
· Develop and maintain relationships with City leaders, community organizations, local businesses, schools, service clubs and “Friends of the Library” organization,
· Collaborate with City staff in the planning and development of library programs and services,
· Plan and prepare the community library’s budgetary needs, develop budget justifications, and monitor and reconcile financial resources for county and city, grants, and donations.
A Senior Community Library Manager is distinguished from the Community Library Manager by the size, scope and difficulty associated with the assigned community library.
Requires possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Requires possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum. Requires three (3) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory public library experience, which must have included experience as a Community/Branch Library Manager in a public library, OR four (4) years full-time equivalent experience working in a library which may include two (2) years as support staff, technician or paraprofessional, and at least two (2) years in a professional/supervisory capacity.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application period is open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/depart/hr, or, a completed Contra Costa County employment application and supplemental questionnaire must be received. Resumes may not be substituted for the official application or supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications or applications received without a supplemental questionnaire will be disqualified. For more information contact Janet Hildebrand, Human Resources Manager, Contra Costa County Library, (925) 646-6423, firstname.lastname@example.org