The successful candidate for this full-time teaching position will have:
- A completed doctorate in a library and information science-related field, such as computer science or cognitive science. Applicants in the final stages of dissertation research will be considered. Applicants with a Master’s degree and at least 20 years of industry experience will be considered as well.
- Teaching experience in relevant areas of Library and Information Science (LIS) or Information Systems
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in a highly collaborative faculty environment
- Willingness to teach both face to face and online
Courses to be taught include but will not be limited to: Information Resources and Services; Foundations of Information Systems; Database Management; Human Computer Interaction; Managing Information Organizations.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience in curriculum planning
- Experience in face to face and online teaching
Teaching responsibilities include teaching in the core curriculum and developing/teaching electives as needed.
The College of Information Science and Technology (IST) offers several graduate degrees, two of which will be offered in Sacramento: an ALA-accredited MS (Library and Information Science) and the MSIS (Information Systems). Courses are available both on-campus and online. All online courses are delivered in a totally asynchronous mode and use Blackboard as the web-accessible course delivery platform.
Drexel is a privately endowed technology university. Founded in 1891, Drexel currently has approximately 20,000 students.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=72041 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Faculty – Sacramento, Library and Information Science and Information Systems. The position number is 2663.
Members of the Search Committee will be available at the ASIST and ALISE annual meetings to discuss these open faculty positions.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Drexel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, disabled individuals, and veterans.