Fenway Libraries Online (FLO), www.flo.org, a growing library consortium of ten academic and special libraries in Boston and Cambridge, seeks a Metadata / Systems Librarian. This is a full-time position with benefits in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
The candidate should have knowledge of library technical services operations including electronic resource management, strong computer and systems competence, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will provide support for the Voyager integrated library system (ILS) and other applications including Ex Libris MetaLib, SFX, Massachusetts Virtual Catalog, MDID and IRIS. The Metadata / Systems Librarian should be creative, flexible, energetic, and able to communicate effectively with all levels of library staff.
- MLS or MLIS degree required.
- 2-3 years library experience required, preferably in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of an integrated library system; Ex Libris Voyager preferred.
- Knowledge of library technical services functions (cataloging, acquisitions, serials, ILL, reporting), including cataloging experience using AACR2, MARC formats, and LC subject heading and classification schemes.
- Knowledge of cataloging standards for digital formats and familiarity with established and emerging metadata standards.
- Experience with training and documentation desirable.
- Desire to participate in collaborative problem solving.
- Advanced competence with desktop software applications, including productivity and web-publishing software.
- Knowledge of a command-line operating system such as Unix or Linux preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Flexibility appropriate for a dynamic work setting, including schedule changes that respond to the needs of the consortium.
Salary: Competitive salary plus attractive benefits package.
Start Date: July 1, 2008
Send email including resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to Walter Stine, Executive Director, Fenway Libraries Online, c/o Wentworth Institute of Technology, 550 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fenway Libraries Online encourages the application of all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.